One question that we all must answer for ourselves is… how are we looking to use oils in our home?
The vast majority of essential oils on the market today are only suitable for cosmetics and perfumes. The reason Young Living essential oils are so different is their unmatched commitment to producing truly pure, unadulterated oils that harness nature’s living energy in order to become part of our daily health and wellness regimen.
So, if you want oils that are more than fragrance…
If you are concerned that oils are just a “placebo effect”…
If you are here because you are exploring natural solutions for emotional and physical wellness and not just “fragrance”…. then keep reading.
Young Living is different than other brands of essential oils because of their devotion to creating a highly therapeutic product. Young Living has invested in their own farms, care for and nurture their own plants, trees, and shrubs, and finally distill, test, and bottle the oils that arrive at our doorstep. This is called Young Living’s Seed to Seal process. And it is unmatched. Every step from planting to bottling is detailed and controlled.
As the essential oil and natural wellness industry has boomed over the past few years, an ever-growing number of marketers have jumped on the bandwagon looking for an easy way to make a lot of money.
Most essential oils are cheap imitations, purchased wholesale in large quantities, diluted with synthetic additives, and rebottled before being sold at health food stores, big box stores, even at the gas station.
No wonder there is so much confusion about the usage and safety of essential oils out there! Most essential oils on the market are suitable for fragrance and nothing else.
The quality and purity really do matter in regards to usage and safety. Plus, having the support and experience of lots of other oilers when learning how to use essential oils safely is one of the best assets to being part of Young Living. Does the cashier at Whole Foods care if your oils help you get to sleep tonight? Do they have vested interest in your safe and successful experience?
So how do you want to use oils?
What experiences are you looking for?
Fun Facts About Young Living Oils
- Because YL has its hand on the actual crops, they are able to carefully measure plant metabolism as harvest times approach. This is done by regularly sampling and measuring the BRIX values of the plants. BRIX is a measure of the sugar level in the plants, which is indicative of plant metabolism (when plants photosynthesize, they store the energy from the sun as sugar). We then harvest our plants at the peak of their metabolic processes, which ensures that they are producing the most and best oil of their life cycles.
- The highest yield is not always the goal, the right balance of chemical constituents is the goal. Did you know that it takes Cypress 24 hours in the distiller to release its 280 chemical constituents? If you distill for 20 hours, you get 20 constituents. 26 hours? Zero constituents. And guess what? Most Cypress oil on the market is distilled for 3.5 hours… just fragrance and nothing else.
- Did you know that it costs $12,000 to hand-weed one acre of lavender versus $60 to treat it with pesticides? Young Living knows!
- Did you know that there is 2-3 times the demand for lavender essential oil in the world than there is supply of actual lavender plants. That means *at least half* of all lavender essential oil on this planet was never even a plant. What is it then? A completely synthetic mix of chemicals and fragrances, made in a lab, sold as “all natural and pure” because there are no labeling regulations for essential oils.
- Did you know you can YL on any budget?! Yup! . YL has therapeutic oils that are $5, and some that are $200. Our oils are priced based on what it takes to cultivate and extract the precious chemical constituents, to work with local communities and pay them good wages, and to keep the planet healthy and thriving.
- How do we know our oils are “just right” and completely pure? Well.. the testing for our oils and products is extensive and includes this entire list and more, done in triplicate: Viscometry Measurement Testing, Light Based Measurement testing including refractometry & polarimetry, Inductively Coupled Plasma Instrumentation, Gas Chromatography, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Automated Micro-numeration Systems, Microbiology testing, Disintegration Testing, PH Analysis, Flashpoint testing, Microscopy testing. In addition Young Living is the only EO company that owns Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometers (two of them). In order to operate this instrument, our scientists go through two years of intensive training. This machine measures the ratios of isotopes in our oils. These tests are done in the quality control lab in our warehouse (I’ve been there! It’s so cool!). If any of the tests fail, the oils are shipped to the research and development lab with different scientists and different instruments. If the batch of product doesn’t pass through the R&D team, it is disposed of and not brought to market.
Did you have any idea that so much work went into each little drop?! You can see it all for yourself too! Young Living members can get up close and personal with our oils at farms around the world! We’ve learned so much about the careful work and love that goes into each and every bottle by visiting five Young Living farms spanning three continents. It has been incredible to see this Seed to Seal promise in action, and to take part in the process.